VAI ALLA LISTA DELLE GIORNATE DI SCAVO

CAMPAGNA 2018

1° SETTIMANA

2° SETTIMANA

3° SETTIMANA

4° SETTIMANA

5° SETTIMANA

6° SETTIMANA

7° SETTIMANA

8° SETTIMANA

VAI ALLE CAMPAGNE

27 LUGLIO 2018  

Resoconto della giornata di scavo

Area 3000

Nel Settore B si è concluso l’abbassamento generale della porzione meridionale che ha permesso la messa in luce dei limiti di nuove buche di piccole dimensioni e di forma circolare e quadrata, concentrate perlopiù a sud-est. A nord è iniziata l’indagine delle buche UUSS – 3984, - 3986, - 3988 e – 3990, con la rimozione dei rispettivi riempimenti a matrice argillo-limosa.

Today the southern half of sector b was lowered with pickaxes to a few centimeters below the level of the  east-west drainage trench, and then cleaned and wet to look for new contexts.  Due to the change in color of the soil from yellow to red/brown, we believe we have  broken into a new layer, which was found to contain several darker patches indicative of postmolds or similar filled-in holes. The northern half of sector b was similarly cleaned and wet, resulting in the descovery of  several cuts. Thus far some of the newly discovered holes in the northern half of the sector have been excavated, and the others will be excavated within the coming days.

Area 5000

In section C, all the bones that were exposed in the South trench were removed. We began to excavate the North-East section, in order to expose the exterior wall that was previously thought to be older than the burial below it. This belief has recently been put into question. In the process, three teeth were found (2 premolars and 1 upper molar).

Area 6000

Today in area 6000 we continued removing fill 6236 from skeleton 6238. We found the lower parts of the tibias and a few tarsal bones, along with more of the ribs and the sacrum. The thoracic vertebrae appear to be deformed like the lumbar vertebrae. We also finished removing skeleton 6244 from fill 6235 and then used our trowels to find the original cut of the grave. Monday we plan on taking points and pictures, plus filling out the context sheets for the fill and the cut.

Area 7000

We troweled down the trench by 2 centimeters, in order to better see the level. A few sherds of pottery were found in the process. The stones were removed from the pipe feature to better expose the trench. The area was then wet down to see if any additional features could be observed. We then troweled down the area by another centimeter.

GUARDA L'ULTIMO REPORT VIDEO

Diario visualizzato 196 volte

GALLERIA DI IMMAGINI

VAI ALLE GALLERIE